Registering for an exam or making an appointment varies by exams, but falls into three categories -
- Register with Georgia State university Testing Centers - use the Testing Center's registration portal to pick your exam, make an appointment and pay the proctoring fee
- Register with the exam vendor for our Testing Centers - go to the exam vendors website and register for exams to be taken at one of our Georgia State University Testing Centers
- Register with the exam vendor or other Georgia State Department - for exams that are not administered by the Testing Centers, but may be of use to Georgia State University students and applicants.
- Use our Campus Registration pages (links above) for the campus you'd like to test at. You do not have to test at the campus you plan to attend.
- There will be several options like "Choose and Exam Type", "Choose an Exam" and "Exam Acknowledgements" that you will need to complete. Each site also has a helpful "How to Register" and "How to Reschedule" section describing the steps and process..
- Math Placement is under "ACCUPLACER for GSU"
- POST and TCSG examinees should pick "ACCUPLACER not for GSU"
- If you want to take an ACCUPLACER or Math Placement exam with Examity, choose "Virtual Exams (Online).
- If you need our proctoring service for your exam, be sure to submit your request as early as possible, so that there is plenty of time for us to receive your exam and exam instructions from your instructor or exam partner.
- Be aware that on registrations where you are able to pick your appointment date and time typically close 24-48 hours before the test day to allow us time to create a final roster.
- If you need a test date beyond what are appointment dates and times list, please check back with us. We add exams to the schedule regularly.
Note that if you are requesting a voucher for a remote exam via Examity, you will not make an appointment with us. You will receive an email confirmation that we have received your request. An employee will then make you a "Remote Voucher" that is used to launch an exam. You will receive the email from ACCUPLACER <[email protected]> - be sure to check your spam folder if you don't have this address whitelisted. You will then be directed to make an account with Examity. After making an account, you will then schedule your exam. They have provided a video walk-through to help with the steps in making an account.
Registering for a CLEP exam is a two-step process:
- Register for each desired CLEP exam through the College Board.
- Please note: You will be required to show a non-expired government issued ID at the time of test. Your name on this ID will need to match your full name on your CLEP ticket. If the names do not match, we will be unable to test you. When you make your appointment and purchase your CLEP ticket, make sure your information matches. You can find out more information about ID requirements on CLEP's What to Bring on Test Day webpage.
- Register online with the campus you wish to test at using the links below for each CLEP exam a student wishes to take at the Georgia State University Testing Center per the above instructions. The registration with the College Board must be completed first.
Registering for a DSST exam is a two-step process:
- Use our Campus Registration pages to register for the DSST; note that the DSST is currently only offered at our Atlanta and Dunwoody campuses. Please review our PDF file with screen captures if you need a walk through for the registration process.
- Registration and payment for your DSST exams are completed at the testing center within the testing platform on the day of the exam.
Information about registering for the Chemistry Department's Chemistry 1211 Preregistration exam, also known as the Chem Placement exam, can be found on the Chemistry Department's webpage under the FAQ question "I am getting a registration error when I try to register for CHEM 1211K and I have NOT taken CHEM 1050, 1101, or 1151."
For these exams you will register with the Testing Vendor. Please check locations carefully, as the Testing Centers do not all offer these exams. Use the "+" symbol to expand the information about the test you are interested in registering for.
Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Registration
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) Registration
Graduate Records Examination (GRE) Registration
Law School Admission Test (LSAT) Registration
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Registration
If you are testing for another institution or an organization that is not already covered above, please contact us via email to inquiry about availability to proctor your exam.
Some exams in this type include the AMBDI exam, various Real Estate certification or licensure exams, and class exams for online institutions other than Georgia State University.
If your institution or organization requires us to fill out a proctor form, please include this in your inquiry, as well as any pertinent information about the exam including but not limited to length of the exam, dates exam is available or date necessary for completion, facility requirements, proctoring requirements, accommodations, and if it is a paper or computer exam . Once we have agreed to proctor the exam, and if necessary have been approved by your institution, organization or vendor, we will finalize steps for making the actual appointment and payment for the proctoring session.