The make-up testing program is designed for instructors who require test administration services for students who are absent on test days due to illness, emergency or other excused absence. The Testing Center offers a quiet, relaxed atmosphere and a flexible schedule for meeting both instructors' and students' needs. Testing staff will be responsible for maintaining security of exam materials, carefully checking photo ID of students and administering exams according to specific guidelines set by each instructor.
Our ability to offer proctoring services for make-up exams is dependent on our schedule. While every effort is made to accommodate requests, please understand that circumstances and prior commitments may make it impossible to assist with this service.
PLEASE NOTE: This service is available only at Atlanta Campus.
For a student to take the make-up exam through the Counseling and Testing Center, an instructor must:
- submit an Instructions for Make-up Exams Proctored by the Georgia State University Testing Office to the Testing office located at 75 Piedmont Ave, N.E., Suite 200A, Atlanta, GA 30303.
- include either a printed copy of the exam or, if an electronic exam, information regarding launching the exam, including any required passwords, with the above submission.
- ensure receipt of all materials by the Testing Center be no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled exam administration.
- submit an error free exam. Staff members will not be permitted to provide individual instructions or corrections to interpretations of exam content.
Be sure to choose testing dates carefully. The Testing Center will strictly adhere to your provided time frame. Always try to offer a range of selected dates rather than a specific test date, to maximize our ability to be available to assist your student.
Once your exam period has ended, or you know your student has tested, you should plan to pick up exams as soon as possible. Because of security and confidentiality issues, exams may not be returned via interoffice mail and the center has limited space to hold exams and cannot hold them indefinitely.
Tests should not be sent via fax or email.
Your student should be instructed to contact the Testing Center to schedule an appointment only after the Testing Center has confirmed receipt of testing materials.
To ensure there is no miscommunication between you, your student and us, we recommend ensuring the following information be conveyed to them matching all information provided to us:
- Time frame for completing the make-up exam.
- Time allowed for the exam.
- Materials allowed (if any).
Additionally, your student will need to know they will be required to present a non-expired Governmental issued photo ID or GSU Panther Card to their proctor for admittance to the exam.
The Testing Center provides:
- proctoring services in a relatively quiet and comfortable environment. We are equipped to handle both paper exams and computer exams through iCollege.
- students with scratch paper and pencils. Scratch paper will be destroyed unless you request it be returned with the exam.
- security checks of photo identification to ensure your student is who takes your exam.
- lockers so any materials not expressly allowed in the testing area for your exam will be securely locked away by the student.
The Testing Center is unable to
- Guarantee availability. While every effort is made to accommodate requests, if we do not have open seats or an available proctor during the exam window you need, we will be, unfortunately, unable to assist with proctoring your student.
- Schedule an appointment for a make-up exam outside of the dates you provide for the availability of the test, even if it is a paper test. Any changes needed should be communicated with the Testing Center as soon as possible to ensure that your student and the Testing Center are not operating under different understandings of your expectations.
- Offer walk-in testing for your student. They must make an appointment.
- Proctor exams for entire classes.